Saturday, December 06, 2008

Layering

As I type this, lots of blowing snow happenin outside my window. Kinda pretty to look at but not fun to run in.

I took too many days off in a row earlier this week. Monday wasn't up to it, Tuesday was supposed to get up early but that didn't work and Wednesday didn't feel like it.

So undaunted by my 30 mile a week goal, I did a double on Thursday: 5 miles at 5:45 a.m. and 3 miles at 6:30 p.m. I had yesterday off cause I worked through last weekend and did a chilly 10 miles in about 1:30. I have the full winter gear out now -- base layer, fleece long sleeve, sleeveless windbreaker and another windbreaker on top of that, Nike skullcap, windproof gloves (yeah right) and my tights. Luckily, I broke out a hand warmer that I switched hands every three miles.

So having done 18 miles, I added another four today in similar conditions, which leaves me 8 miles tomorrow. It could be an interesting one if this snow keeps up...

4 comments:

Sonia said...

It's good to see you posting again!

I know I would be going through the same yukiness about thinking of running in the cold and snow but now that I can't run at all. I just wish I could do it, whatever weather it is like!

Enjoy it a little bit for those who can't! =)

Marky Mark said...

Best to take off a day like today--too much risk of a slip and fall. Plus it was just brutal with the wind and the cold!

Marlene said...

How did it go yesterday? That was BRUTAL.

I don't think I ever warmed up.

yumke said...

I didn't take Sunday off and it was extremely brutal. It was a new kind of cold, especially since I THOUGHT I dressed up for it. Sigh, i'll be ready for winter in a few weeks