Sunday, November 09, 2008

Walk and run

I slept until 11:30 today and slept 10 hours yesterday. I guess I'm pretty exhausted. R told me she ran 8 miles this morning which motivated me to get out there. It's now chilly so the late fall gear is out.

The run was pretty hard - I started taking walk breaks every once in a while. My heart rate is okay but still higher than 155 bpm for a steady pace. I gotta slow down the next while. In all, 8 miles in 1:13. In training I can knock out a strong 8 in under an hour so clearly I need to rest up while not losing too much fitness.

Bright side: I ran 6 days this week, mostly nice low mileage.

Monday: 6 miles
Tuesday: 5 miles
Wednesday 3 miles
Thursday: rest
Friday: 5 miles
Saturday: 3 miles
Sunday: 8 miles

Weekly total: 30 miles
Year to date: 2063 miles

3 comments:

Alexandra said...

Oh, to sleep in! It sounds like you were in need of a bundle of sleep. Now I bet you're ready to roll again!

Marlene said...

I've been soaking up some sleep-ins lately... no pressure to get up early and run before it's scorching hot. Hope you feel refreshed!

Marky Mark said...

Maintenance is good but I'm turning into a ton of lard without a 20 mile run on the weekend.