Monday, August 25, 2008

Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon: 5 weeks to go

Another high mileage week and I'm in pretty good condition. Of course, I also had the week off work. I'm completely amazed I was able to do a few other 70 milers while working. Just so much running, almost 10 hours worth.

The bad thing about the week off is that we've been eating a lot of good food. I hope to get back into the routine soon. I have a few more days off before back to work.

The week past

Tuesday 11 miles with 6x1000
Wednesday: 15 miles
Thursday: 12 miles
Friday: 12 miles
Saturday: 4 miles
Sunday: 17 miles

Weekly total: 71 miles (114K)
Year to date: 1637 miles (2634K)

Week ahead

Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 9 miles with 5x600
Wednesday: 13 miles
Thursday: 6 miles with 6x100
Friday: 5 miles
Saturday: Supposed to be a race but I may do an LT run
Sunday: 18 miles. May do part of this at pace.

So far this month, I've run 238 miles and the next week should have me nipping at 300 miles. Yikes. This week is a slight pull back week before the final push in the first week of September that includes my fifth 20 miler (or plus) long run. Part of me wants to push this last long run to 22 or 23 miles, which would be a big confidence booster.


I think I have a few plans to follow to ensure I'm in top shape.
-Get rest and sleep when I can
-Eat well, balanced
-Keep on doing quality work.
-Try for long run of 22 miles or maybe 23 on Sept. 7.
-Try for LT run this week to keep myself sharp.
-Add pace work to this week's long run

2 comments:

Quinto Sol said...

Do you want something better than running longer than your scheduled 18? Run the last three-five miles at MP, or if you're really feeling good 10-15 seconds faster than MP.

Sonia said...

Another awesome week Kenny, I am so impressed by your work.