Saturday, May 17, 2008

Track work and race pick up

I'm running a 10K race tomorrow, the Capitol Hill Classic. I'm really looking forward to it but not really expecting to PB or anything. My fitness is still high as a result of the marathon training, but frankly, I'm still recovering. I ran to the race pick-up area and I was surprised they were giving out T-shirts. Surprised because the registration fee was pretty low.

I ran there partly so I could get a feel for the hill, which was quite steep. I've done similarly punishing hills in races (Harry's Spring Runoff, Around the Bay, the Flying Pig and the Zoo Run are just some of the notable ones). It's a tough incline that's about .2 miles or 320-340 metres. I ran up the hill in a moderate pace.

A few days ago, I headed to the track to do some speedwork and get used to the notion of running fast. I did 4x1000 and did the first way too fast. (3:52 when I should be doing 3:56 to 4:00). The next three were okay (4:00, 4:01, 4:00)

2 comments:

Arcane said...

Good luck tomorrow!

yumke said...

Thanks! Races are fun places to get your speedwork done!