Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Counting down...

The blog's quiet but things are busy. I just finished 10 days in a row of work (not intended, because of the transit strike over the weekend). I ran 6 miles on Tuesday and skipped today's dress rehearsal of 7 miles with 2 at pace. I have tomorrow off, which i'll use to pack, get my 7 miler in the morning, sleep, watch TV and perhaps fit in another 5 mile recovery in the evening.

I leave Friday morning and land just after noon. My hotel is right beside the expo so i'll be dropping in a few times. JellyP and family start arriving later Friday and so does R. My lord marathon day is approaching and I'm actually not bouncing off walls. I've had a lot of other stuff on my mind recently...

Speaking of Flying Pig Marathon, there was news recently that Roger Waters (an old music hero of mine) lost his flying pig recently during one of his concerts. Amusing story here.

And for your enjoyment, Pink Floyd's Pigs On A Wing... okay, not a feelgood song, but it's within the topic...

Occasionally glancing up through the rain...


1 comment:

Arcane said...

have a safe flight and good luck on Sunday. You'll do great.