Friday, October 26, 2007

Settling in...


Arrived in town yesterday afternoon and R. was still working so found a Starbucks and had a cup of coffee (a minor miscommunication problem when I asked for a grande bold... do you use that terminology down here?).

Anyways, I'm here. It was dizzily yesterday but nice. In fact, when I left the airport for the metro station, I was so pleased to see how cool it was. It's supposed to rain the next two days but they are still calling for a cool and partly sunny Sunday.

Before I get to more business, a few have been asking (thanks!) and here's how to track me on Sunday. Marine Corps Marathon has a tracking service that you can use to track me at 5K intervals. Here's the link. Bib: 13931, Kenny Yum. I've also think I've set the alert system to post updates on this blog while I'm running. That would be cool if it worked.

Thanks everyone for the good wishes and I heed the main advice from all marathoners: 'Don't go out too fast'. You bet I'm going to be very vigilant.

Going for a short run today with strides, then we're off to the expo to pick up the bib, chip and other merchandise. I'll have lots of time on my hand so I'm going to think up strategy so more posts before Sunday.

4 comments:

Sonia said...

Great! I love live tracking! Will follow your race. =)

Good luck, race smart and have fun!!

Anonymous said...

Kick some ass on Sunday Kenny!!! I know you'll do great and I look forward to hearing all about it when you get back. Be sure to savor that final 500m stretch as you head to the FINISH line. GOOD LUCK!!! - Frankie.

Dave said...

First off - that's how I order at any Starbucks I go to...

I'm looking forward to tracking your progress. Once again - good luck!

Anonymous said...

what was the minor miscomm about the grande bold?
i know they don't understand double double