Thursday, March 08, 2007

Warm ups...

I realize today how bad I am about warming up in the winter. I barely stretch, mostly cause i'm just waiting for my Garmin to pick up a signal so I can get moving.

Of course, this could lead to injury...

Well, it's a month until my first race of the year, a 8K run through High Park. I have my eye set on setting a PR for the distance and for this race, though that's only in theory. I haven't been putting in serious miles and only until last week do I think i've gotten into a groove. For now, it's about building a base and I hope I can near 30 miles a week (50K). Even so, a long run for endurance, tempos to build speed, and some good speedwork should be the standing order for the next three weeks.

With a 5K today and a 10K yesterday, i'm getting back into it. I think I may be able to fit in a solid three days of running over Friday/Saturday/Sunday. My next goal for a long run is to finally reach the 20K mark... I'm thinking the next sunny day with +5 will be The Day...

No comments: