Saturday, November 25, 2006

The beach and back


1125splits
Originally uploaded by yumkerun.
The last time I'd done more than 10 miles was in Chicago. Today, there was absolutely no excuse not to run a little long, with clear skies in the afternoon about about 6 degrees.

I ran out to the Beaches and back along Toronto's waterfront and aimed for the half marathon distance. Only encountered about five runners and maybe 30 cyclists, so I had pretty much the trail to myself. It was peaceful and my pace was pretty good. The only bad part is I felt a twinge in my lower left calf in the last 200 metres, as I'd upped the speed. Probably not a good idea. Finished 21.1K (13.1 miles) in about 1:50 with a pace of 5:12.

1 comment:

Dave said...

I ran long yesterday too. It was just a great day out and I just didn't want to stop. I wish I would have pushed a little more - a half marathon distance would have been so easy to do... great job on the run!