Thursday, August 31, 2006

It's cloudy and billowly? No..


Asics Nimbus and GT-2100
Originally uploaded by yumkerun.
I wrote yesterday that I bought a new GT-2110 (same as the shoe at the right, but red). The reason is because yesterday, I tried out the Gel Nimbus (black and silver) for my 10K. I felt blisters coming on and what came to my mind was 'screw this, isn't Nimbus supposed to be like a cloud, like running on a cloud?'

No, the soles of my feet were aching. Which is why I bought the second pair of GT-2110s for marathon day. I don't want my feet getting used to another shoe while I hit my big month for mileage. I will wear the Nimbus post marathon. R. picked it up for me in New York and I hope it's just a matter of lacing up the shoes a bit differently.

Today, I ran 6K (3.7 miles) part tempo with the km splits of:
4:40
4:37
4:44
4:30
4:42
4:08

No comments: