Saturday, July 22, 2006

Avoiding the rain...


Well, the picture doesn't quite to it justice, but it's raining outside. Actually, it's pouring now.. cats and dogs really. Luckily for me, I was forced to fit in my run early today and it was nice and cloudy, about 20 degrees. Actually felt much like a spring day, which is actually perfect for runs. I saw that tonnes of other runners were out there. The schedule called for 7 miles so I did 12K (7.5 miles) on my 15K waterfront route, turning back early.

It's calling for rain tomorrow, so it'll be a challenge of when I'm going to fit in the long run.
By the way, the picture above was taken from my window view at work, where I am now in for a 8-hour shift. No, the fences don't mean I work for a jailhouse, I'm a journo at one of Canada's national newspapers, and the fence was put in there when we once had a printing plant attached to our building way back. Now, there's a circus school in that space right below me. I kid you not. Maybe, it's fitting, as journalism is often a trapeze act, balancing between right and left and different points of view -- just witness the Mideast conflict.. sigh, I'm getting back to work, and you all get back to running...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice run, isn't great to do it when it is so cool outside? The weather was in the low 20's in Windsor too, I ended up doing 10 miles, by far my fartest distance ever! I did it in 1:55 under 2h which I am realy proud! =) I, now, feel really confident about finishing my 1st half-marathon at a decent time!

Have a good long run tomorrow, hopefully it will still be cool outside!

Happy running

yumke said...

Yes, i love running in the cool weather. Congrats on 10 miles, that's a very good distance, just add 5K and you're at the half marathon distance..