Sunday, June 25, 2006

Week 18 complete, 118 days to go



I had to work today, which is obivously not part of the program. Oh well, after a 9-hour shift, I went for the 5 miler, but ended up doing a bit more than 6 miles (or 10K).

It was all tempo, the distance covered in 47 minutes. I stopped a bit because about 3.5K in, there was an accident scene. A biker (motocycler) and his passenger had slid off their bike and they were at the side of the road. They were both conscious and alert, which is a good thing. Two ambulances arrived and about 15 people were already assisting them. Can be dangerous out there.

I didn't really stick to the day-to-day specifics of the program this week, but I kept to the spirit of the program. Did my long run on the weekend, did speed work (the race) and pared down my weekday miles. I did slot in my Friday rest day, which I'm looking forward to doing for the rest of the next 17 weeks.

Weekly mileage: 53.5K (33 miles)
Year to date: 1,105.5K (687 miles)
Marathon training to date: 53.5K (33 miles)

No comments: