Thursday, June 22, 2006

Not even a little sore

This is odd.. after races where I really push myself, the lactic acid seem to get the better of my calves. After yesterday's race, I figured it'd hurt a little, but it didn't. Not even a bit.

Could be that I didn't try that hard? That I had more of a threshold before my legs really felt it? Or would it be becuase I walked 4K home after the race... I think so.

Anyways, today's training called for some speedwork, some hills, but I opted to just go for some quality miles after the race. I did 8K (5 miles).

For once, I'm taking a Friday off, which i'll get into the habit of doing in preparations for the weekend long runs..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! =) I can't believe you're not even stiff! You rock! ;-) Last 10K race, the soreness hit me 2 days after, I could barely walk! :S

I wanted to ask you what you think about the Forerunner 101 (120$) and the 201 (155$), is it worth paying 35$ more for the 201???

I know you own one and I'm thinking about getting one (actually I will ask it as a B'day gift!)

Thanks for all the info you can provide!