Tuesday, March 07, 2006

More training needed.

Well, it's two months till the Sporting Life... I've been putting in good miles over the past few months, but I have a feeling that I'm not ready for race no. 1 in May. My last two races were half marathons and I'm not sure I can do the 10K in 41 minutes... I think i'll be best suited to run a fast race in the late summer, when i'll have real marathon training under way. Oh yeah, there's a matter of excess winter weight that I put on since the October half marathon. Think my spring will be spent getting back to a better training weight.

Oh well. Today, I did 5K, much of it at tempo or higher. Funny, but i'm a 10K run away from matching last week's total, so this will be a good week.

This Thursday to Sunday has temperatures pegged at 11 degrees! The bad news: Rain.

No comments: