Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Back on: 7K

You know those days, the second day of the new year, when your new year's resolution promises hit the high gear. Well, I don't make new year's resolutions.

Yesterday, I woke up, watched TV, ate my Chinese takeout leftovers, watched more TV and then ordered out. No exercise. In fact, I probably walked 50 metres the whole day (most of it to the variety store to pick up some popsicles. Yes, what does a Canadian snack on in the middle of winter?)

Today, I woke up, realized the reality has set in. After work, did 7k, another improvised route. Was windy - and 1 degree -- but I still resisted wearing headgear and an outer shell. Must of counted at least 10 other runners (go runners!) out there, so this is this considered good running weather.

Oh yes, a friend of mine is trying to talk me into doing a marathon with her. I'm waiting for her to sign up, then I'll reveal whether I'm in or not. Mystery friend and mystery marathon to be revealed.

No comments: